If the idea of tummy tuck surgery is appealing to you, you will likely want to know how much a tummy tuck costs. However, there is no set price for this cosmetic procedure. Like any other elective surgery, the cost of tummy tuck surgery varies greatly. Factors such as the office location and surgeon’s level of experience can contribute to the price. With that said, tummy tuck costs do tend to fall within a specific price range. Knowing the average cost can help you decide if a tummy tuck will fit into your budget.
At Sacramento Surgical Arts, we specialize in cosmetic surgery in the Northern California area. Our highly experienced professional staff will take the time to answer all of your questions about tummy tuck surgery or any of the wide range of cosmetic surgery procedures we offer. For tummy tuck results that are sure to boost your confidence, call us today at 866.930.5837 to schedule a consultation.
How Much Does a Tummy Tuck Cost?
In 2020, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) reported an average cost of just over $6,000 for a tummy tuck. However, this price fluctuates from time to time. It also doesn’t include expenses for the operating room, anesthesia, or related expenses. One of the main factors that can impact the cost of tummy tuck surgery is the facility’s geographic location. Overall, tummy tucks tend to be the most expensive in the western region of the United States. Why the West?
- Cosmetic surgery prices often reflect the cost of living where the services are provided. The cost of living is higher in many western states, particularly on the West coast.
- The western U.S. has a higher demand for cosmetic surgery, especially in major cities like Los Angeles and Hollywood.
- Doctors in the western states tend to have more experience because they often work with celebrities.
Another factor that affects the overall price of a tummy tuck is the type that you choose. The two most common options are full and partial tummy tucks. In most cases, a partial tummy tuck costs less than a full tummy tuck. Visiting a plastic surgeon can help you determine which option is best for you. In addition to tummy tucks, we also offer other cosmetic surgical options, including liposuction, breast augmentation, and lip injections.
What Should You Know Before Getting a Tummy Tuck?
Once you have figured out how much a tummy tuck costs in your area, there are several other considerations to make before scheduling an appointment.
- Are you a good candidate for a tummy tuck? According to the ASPS, you should be in good health.
- Is this the best time for you to get a tummy tuck? If you plan to lose weight or have a baby, you should postpone getting a tummy tuck until afterward. A tummy tuck is better to do after you lose weight since the procedure involves removing the excess skin that remains after weight loss or giving birth.
- Are you willing to accept the possibility of tummy tuck scars? There is a potential for scarring.
- Can you commit to following aftercare instructions for tummy tuck recovery? The recuperation process can be long and painful. The average tummy tuck recovery time is six weeks, and you must follow post-surgery instructions closely for optimal results.
Keeping these factors in mind can help you decide the best time for your tummy tuck surgery.
Trust Sacramento Surgical Arts With All of Your Cosmetic Surgery Needs
Are you looking for tummy tuck surgery in Sacramento? If so, consider visiting the experts at Sacramento Surgical Arts. We provide many additional cosmetic options using state-of-the-art equipment, including chin, ear, and nose surgery. Do not let unknown costs keep you from getting the tummy tuck results that you want. Reach out to our skilled staff today at 866.930.5837 for more information.