Trying to pin down the cost of any dental procedure is not easy, and dental implants are no exception. Dental offices charge different rates for each type of service that they provide, and those prices will vary from dentist to dentist. If you have dental coverage through your health insurance, that will also affect your overall cost. Since there are so many variables, it is difficult to quote a specific dental implant cost. So, how much are dental implants on average? What is the difference in price between single tooth, full mouth, or All-on-4 dental implants?
What Is the Average Dental Implant Cost?
In terms of dental procedures, dental implants are among the more expensive options. The cost of dental implants varies, but you can get a general idea of how much it may cost based on the type of dental implant. Here is what you can expect to pay for different dental implants procedures:
- If you only need a dental implant for one tooth, the cost of a single tooth implant can range between $1,000 and $5,000.
- For an entire jaw of teeth, you can get All-on-4 implants for between $12,000 and $25,000.
- The cost of full-mouth dental implants tends to range between $8,000 and $90,000. This puts the nationwide average cost for a full set of implants at around $34,000.
These are averages for out-of-pocket dental implant costs, but if you have dental coverage, your health insurance plan may help offset your expenses. However, some dental plans consider implants to be a cosmetic procedure and will not provide coverage.
What Affects the Cost of Dental Implants?
You may wonder how full-mouth dental implants can have a price range as wide as $7,000 to $90,000. After all, it is a pretty large gap for a complete set of dental implants. The truth is several factors go into determining the cost of dental implants procedures:
- The location of your dental office can affect the pricing of services like dental implants. The cost of living is higher in some areas of the United States. Getting dental implants on the West Coast tends to be more expensive than getting the same procedure done on the East Coast. And, speaking of location, getting dental implants in a major city typically costs more than getting them in a small town.
- The materials used for the dental implants will impact the cost of the procedure. Dentists can use different types of materials, such as titanium or zirconium. Considering that the price of these materials can be drastically different, it is easy to see why dental implants vary so much in price.
- The dentist’s level of expertise plays an important role in the cost of dental implants. Those who have many years of practice typically charge more than those who have recently opened a practice. While this is not always the case, you could end up paying more for a dentist with extensive experience.
Why Choose Dental Implants Over Traditional Dentures?
Since the cost of dental implants can run fairly steep, you may want also want to consider dentures. The cost of regular dentures is far less than most dental implants. Dentures typically cost between $1,000 and $4,000, considerably lower than implants. Even for high-quality dentures, the price is almost half that of low-end dental implants. Considering the price difference, why do people pay so much more for dental implants instead of just getting traditional dentures? The main reasons people choose pricier dental implants are:
- Dental implants are of higher quality.
- Dental implants are far more stable.
- Dental implants do not require any adhesives to keep them in place.
Overall, many people prefer the look and quality of dental implants and are willing to pay more for this procedure. A natural smile is waiting for you at Sacramento Surgical Arts!
Reach Out to Sacramento Surgical Arts for High-Quality Dental Implants
At Sacramento Surgical Arts, we pride ourselves on offering an array of dental services to boost your confidence in your smile. We provide several dental and facial surgery services, such as impacted canine teeth treatment, oral pathology, face trauma surgery, dental bone grafting, apicoectomy, and wisdom teeth. We offer the following dentist services:
- Cosmetic dentistry
- Chin augmentation
- Neck lifts
Undergoing cosmetic dental surgery is an exciting process for most patients. It results in improved self-esteem and appearance. Most patients want to accelerate their recovery process so they can return to their normal daily activities sooner.
Oral surgery recovery times vary depending on existing health issues and the type of procedure being performed. The best way to decrease recovery time is by carefully following all of your surgical team’s post-operative instructions. If you are looking for dental implants, we offer a choice of a single tooth, full mouth, and All-on-4 dental implants for your convenience. Call us today at 866.930.5837 to determine if you may be a good candidate for this one-of-a-kind dental implant system.