Services Extended To Yuba–Sutter Area
What Is Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy?
Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP), has become a valuable adjunct in wound healing in dental surgery.
Platelets are colorless bodies that are present in blood. Their sticky surface lets them form clots to stop bleeding. Platelet Rich Plasma is a substance that is rich in platelets which helps your body heal faster by producing blood clots and concentrating growth factor. To create Platelet Rich Plasma, your surgeon uses 20–40cc of your blood to extract a suitable quantity of platelets.
How Is Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy Used?
Platelet Rich Plasma can be used by your surgeon for many oral and maxillofacial clinical procedures:
- Sinus lift.
- Bone grafting.
- Closure of cleft lip & palate.
- Repair of bone defects from the removal of small cysts or teeth.
- Repair of openings between the mouth and sinus cavity caused by disease, injury, or malformation.
What Are The Advantages Of Platelet Rich Plasma?
- There is no disease transmission because Platelet Rich Plasma is a by-product of the patient’s own blood.
- Your surgeon can generate Platelet Rich Plasma easily.
- Using Platelet Rich Plasma is a way to accelerate and enhance the body’s natural wound healing mechanisms.
- Platelet Rich Plasma is cost-effective because the surgeon produces it in the office in less than fifteen minutes in the PRP Centrifuge Machine, not at a hospital or blood bank.
Why Choose Sacramento Surgical Arts, PC?
With years of experience in the field, our Sacramento oral surgeons have earned a positive reputation in the community and are part of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, the American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons, and the American College of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons. We have four locations where we can treat you and would be happy to offer you a confidential appointment to discuss this oral treatment.