Here For You
A dental emergency, such as a knocked-out tooth or severely bitten tongue, can be quite a shock. The best course of action is not to panic, but prevent further damage and call a professional. If you act quickly, you may be able to prevent the need for dental implants or restoration, such as all-on-4. This is where our emergency dental services can help you.
Seek Sacramento And Yuba–Sutter Area Emergency Dental Services
Here are a few tips to provide temporary help:
- Bitten lip or tongue: Gently cleanse the area with a clean cloth. Apply a cold compress to control swelling. Go to a hospital or emergency room if bleeding does not stop.
- Broken or cracked tooth: Clean the area by rinsing your mouth with warm water. Apply cold compresses on the area to minimize swelling and call your dentist immediately
- Possibly broken jaw: Apply cold compresses to control swelling. Go to your dentist or a hospital emergency department immediately.
- Tooth knocked-out: Hold the knocked-out tooth by its crown. If it is dirty, rinse the root of the tooth in water. Don’t scrub it or touch any attached fragments of tissue. If you can, gently insert the tooth back in its socket and hold it there. If that is not possible, place the tooth in a cup of milk and bring it to the dentist quickly.
- Objects stuck between teeth: Gently attempt to remove it with dental floss, but be cautious around the gums to avoid cuts. DO NOT use any sharp instruments to remove the object. If using dental floss is not successful, call your dentist.