If you’re unhappy with the shape of your chin and how it matches up to the rest of your face, then maxillofacial surgery, or chin reduction surgery, could be an option to consider. Chin reduction surgery can help you achieve the kind of jawline you always wanted. Sacramento Surgical Arts provides clients with beautiful plastic surgery outcomes that help them achieve their desired look. Find out more about what chin reduction surgery involves and the benefits of having the procedure. Finding a Sacramento jaw surgeon has never been easier—contact Sacramento Surgical Arts at [Direct] to learn more.
What Is Chin Reduction Surgery?
A chin reduction surgical procedure reshapes your chin by reducing the amount of bone in your jaw. Having oral surgery can enhance your overall look by making your jaw more proportionate to the rest of your face. Sacramento Surgical Arts surgeons are board-certified and qualified to help people make decisions about having oral surgery to improve the appearance of various facial features, including your jawline.
A chin reduction procedure is typically performed by making a small incision in the mouth, allowing surgeons to access and remove sections of bone from the lower jaw. The surgeon will then meticulously reshape the area before closing the incision with stitches or surgical adhesive.
How Painful Is Chin Reduction Surgery?
Like any surgical procedure, there will be some pain involved in the healing process. We will be sure to provide the necessary medications to help with post-surgical pain. Our doctors go over what you expect from the procedure during your initial consultation. They also check into your health history to ensure you don’t have medical conditions that might lead to complications. The surgeon examines your facial structure and goes over various options for changing your face’s shape through a chin reduction.
Once you understand what the procedure involves, your doctor will plan for the surgery itself and the recovery process. The surgeon should go over the techniques used during the chin reduction surgery and what to expect as you heal.
What Does Chin Reduction Surgery Involve?
Chin reduction surgery typically takes several hours to complete and is commonly performed in an outpatient facility. More complex cases may take place in a hospital setting. You can choose local anesthesia, which only numbs the surgery area, or general anesthesia, which puts you under completely.
The surgeon starts by making incisions beneath your chin or inside your mouth. They do so to gain access to the bone and tissue in your jaw. They use special instruments to remove the amount of bone needed to achieve your desired results while reshaping your jaw. Once they’re done, the doctor closes your incisions with sutures and places bandages around them.
Doctors typically recommend leaving surgical dressings in place for up to three days after your jaw reduction surgery. You should plan on resting at home for a few days after the procedure. Most people go back in to have stitches removed within a week.
Your chin may feel tender for a few weeks. Your doctor will likely recommend you remain on a liquid diet for a few days. Expect feelings of tightness and stretching in your jaw area. That should pass after a week or two. Most people can return to work within ten days of their surgery, though it might take you longer to recover completely. Avoid performing any strenuous activities until you feel more like yourself.
All surgery comes with a certain level of risk. You can experience complications like:
- Blood clots
- Adverse reactions to the anesthesia
What Are the Benefits of Chin Reduction Surgery?
Successful chin reduction surgery offers the following benefits:
- You achieve a more attractive jawline
- You improve your profile
- Your face looks more symmetrical
- Your self-esteem improves
We recommend coming in with the mindset of making yourself the best you, not trying to achieve perfection. Sacramento Surgical Arts, PC looks after both the physical and mental health of patients. We want to make sure that you come away satisfied with the results you desire. We also perform other procedures designed to enhance your appearance, including:
- Tummy Tuck: Removes excess fat and skin from the middle and lower abdomen. The procedure tightens abdominal muscles while removing excess fat and skin.
- Cheek Augmentation: Adds volume to the cheeks, creating an overall fuller look. It can also help correct signs of aging such as hollowed cheeks or sagging skin.
- Brow Lift Surgery: Brow lift surgery corrects the signs of aging on your forehead and around the eyes. This procedure can help to reduce wrinkles in the brow area, lift sagging skin and raise drooping eyebrows.
- Ear Surgery: Ear surgery alters the shape and size of the ears. It can be used to correct protruding ears or reshape them for a more balanced appearance.
- Facelift Surgery: Facelift surgery reduces the signs of aging in the face. It is designed to address wrinkles, sagging skin, and other factors that contribute to an aged appearance. This procedure can help give a more youthful and refreshed look by tightening and smoothing out the skin around the cheeks, jawline, and neck area.
Take the Next Step
Get the you that you’ve always wanted. Set up a consultation for a chin reduction surgery in Sacramento today by calling Sacramento Surgical Arts at [Direct].